Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"My girls"

I guess I've finally found what I love. Every day that I teach "my girls" is a good day. We have a lot of fun together, we laugh together and we really enjoy each others' company. Today we read about the Atlantis Hotel's $20,000 per night "Bridge Suite" and one of the assignments in the book was to write a postcard pretending you stayed there. I divided my girls into two groups of three and had each group write me a postcard. It was fun to see their enthusiasm and how excited they got over details of the suite. We even looked it up online so they could have a visual while they wrote their postcards to me. It was hard to study such extravagances with girls whose families likely won't see $20,000 in 10 years, maybe even a lifetime, but it was a nice escape to imagine what it would be like to stay there. These are their postcards to me:

Dear Erika,
We have been on Paradise Island for a week. It is a very great hotel that we have never seen before. In the Bridge Suite, it has a lot of luxurious things, for instance, if we stand on the balcony, we see the brilliant sightseeing, and we feel very very fabulous. Inside the room, there are a fantstic four-poster bed, wonderful sofa, gold leaf mirror, silk rugs on the floor, and the fresh smell of flowers, In the bathroom, it has three tilets that are made from silver. We are all feel(ing) very well, and I hopefully have great chance with you to visit this hotel next time. See you soon!!! :-)
Love, your girls



Dear Erika,

We have been on Paradise Island for a few days now. Can you guess what we have seen there? On that island, we are enjoying many unforgettable things for the best one is staying at the Bridge Suite, which is the most expensive hotel that we have never seen before. Are you imagining about what we have met in this hotel? It is $20,000 per night. there are 18 bedrooms in a suite, big balcony, great living room, modern furniture, and magnificent materials such as gold leaf mirror, silk rugs, and Picasso plates on the wall, etc. Furthermore, the cheapest thing in that hotel is a lamp that cost $6,000! And the last thing here, we have met many famous people. We are thinking of the day that you can come here to celebrate the most wonderful party in this world here.
Love,
:-)

One of my greatest hopes for them is that they will have the opportunity to experience something luxurious like this but also that they have plenty of opportunities to make meaningful changes in this country.

 Me and My Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life goal is to visit a minimum of one country for every year of my life. If I live to be 100, then I hope to visit 100 countries! My first goal is to visit 30 countries by the end of my 30th year in February 2014. This blog will chronicle my journeys.